You can also travel to the Island by Ultramar from the hotel zone of Cancun.
Getting to the Island:
– Ultramar located in Puerto Juarez. Express boats are sailing up every half an hour from 6:00 am to 12:00pm the 365 days of the year. The trip takes only 15 min (we recommend this option)
Check here itinerary–
– Punta Sam from this terminal sails up a ferry that transports cars (or any other vehicle saving you from paying parking in cancun) you can also board on feet. Trip takes about an our ( cheapest option)
From 6:00 am to 8:00 pm
Phone +52(998)274-0064, +52(998)274-0089
Check here itinerary
What to do?
– Playa Norte: ranked as one of Trip Advisor’s top ten most beautiful beaches around the world, for ten consecutive years. You won’t want to leave this place.
– Punta Sur: at the south end of the island there is a sculptural space, and Natural Park called Garrafon with zip lines and many aquatic activities.
– Underwater Museum: Dive and discover over 500 underwater sculptures. Unique in its kind.
Phone: +52(998)206-0182, +52(998)119 7537
– Tortugranja: A place dedicated to the conservation and study of the turtle species that inhabit the island.
– Dolphin Discovery: live an unforgettable experience swimming with this majestic animals.
– Sunrise cliff: Here you can see the first sun rays in the entire country, excellent place to meditate or practice yoga. You can also find the ruins of the ancient Mayan temple dedicated to the goddess Ixel.
– Fishing trips
– Snorkeling trips